Wednesday, May 30

Chocolate chip cookies with coconut oil



My mom introduced me to coconut oil and I am officially obsessed. But then again I am really up for anything that helps to cut out calories. The recipe below replaces a part of the butter requirement with the coconut oil and these little cookies turn out like a Mounds...yum!


Ingredients:


Add 1 stick butter  and ½ C coconut oil. Mix these together really well!  
Add in ¾ C white sugar and ¾ C brown sugar and blend well again.


Add 2 eggs, one at a time
2 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of salt
About 2 1/2 C of flour
About 3/4 C of chocolate chips

Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes


*Note: Be careful which oil you buy! You want organic virgin coconut oil that is unrefined for MEDIUM HEAT. I bought the stuff made for high heat and it was an $8 mistake, so be sure to read the labels! :)


I am linking up over here today:





Lil\'Luna






2 comments:

  1. Why the unrefined? What effect will the different kinds have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. would love you to share your recipe in my "all coconut oil related" link up!
    it sounds really good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello, won't you?