Sunday, May 6

DIY Anthro letters: A copy cat project

Our home has been slowly coming together one DIY at a time. I am picky and I am persnickety when it comes to decorating. I would much rather just do things myself (or enlist my handy husband to do them) and take my time rather than just running out to buy whatever I think might fit. I only want things I absolutely love to appear in my house and if I don't love it, it's not coming home. 

During my last trip to Anthropologie I fell IN LOVE with these zinc letters. They had to come home with me, but at $18 a pop the only thing I could afford to spell was I, U, A, or any other one letter sort-of-a-word. Then, after a nightly pinning session, there they were! A copy cat creation and that is just what I did thanks to lifeasathrifter

Some silver metallic paint and a little light sanding later, I've got my WASH down and a couple more projects lined up for under the $18 mark. See below!




Since these letters are super light, a 3M tab per letter is really all it takes to hang them up!

Please pardon the horrible laundry lighting...eek!




A little light sanding makes these copy cats look a little more like the Anthropolgie splurge.



Hope you all had a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello, won't you?