Thursday, May 17

Color dipped utensils

Trending lately is color dipped decor and really any object can be turned into the trend with the greatest of ease. 

When I saw these pretty little things over on Anthropologie I knew I could get the same effect for a fraction of the cost. 

Compare the $18 Anthro splurge to my $6 steal below!



Here's how to do it:


Materials
  • Utensils of choice
  • Painters tape
  • Paint

Step 1

Tape everything you don't want painted

Step 2

Spray or paint lightly and let dry. That is seriously the hardest part for me, but I promise you will get drips if you don't!

Step 3

Repeat until you get your desired coverage


And that's all it takes!


*Note: You could do the actually "dipping" into a bucket of paint too, but I couldn't resist the neon spray color!


I'm Linking up here today!










 

The 36th AVENUE



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello, won't you?