Saturday, December 29

Throw away the Cetaphil. Like, now.

I normally don't blog about beauty, but when I ran across a post from another blogger, I had to spread the news.

I had a run in with the dermatologist endorsed cleanser a couple months ago. After a few pesky breakouts I decided I needed to try something a bit more gentle on my skin. I bought a bottle of Cetaphil thinking this gentle wash would rid me of my redness. 

I washed, I rinsed, I looked in the mirror and my face felt like it was on fire. No, literally on fire. Now even more red and burning from chin to forehead, I quickly washed again with another cleanser, but the sensation lasted until the next morning.

I told a few about my run-in with this fire-breathing monster and they all thought the same. It couldn't be the cleanser.

Well low and behold friends, it was. One sadly designed jug has eight ingredients including water, cetyl alcohol, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. Everything but the water is chemically produced, and propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, and three (yes, three!) parabens are potentially cancer-causing. No wonder my face was on fire.

So with that, do yourself a favor and replace the Cetaphil with something that has ingredients you can pronounce. Your face can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello, won't you?