Tuesday, February 28

Cupcakes with a quick clean up

I think the thing I hate most about baking, cooking, or any other kind of craft or project for that matter is clean-up. I tell you, I can turn over drawers to find a spatula, I can rummage through cupboards for sugar and spices, and I really let loose when it comes to finding just the right icing tip or cute cupcake liners. I really have no problem making a mess. It's the end of the project that gets me. The looking around the kitchen thinking "Where is my husband, because there is no way I could have made this mess" part that makes me swear I'll never take on a project like that again.

I knew then when I found some of these tools for creating cupcakes though, the mess at the end wouldn't seem half bad. They even tackle two of the most annoying parts for me when it comes to making cupcakes: Filling the liners without filling your countertops with a polka-dotted pattern, and a mess-free icing trick that is just pure genius.

Tool #1


The first item Megan and I actually found at Walmart in the midst of gathering our groceries for the salted caramel chocolate cupcakes we made. The picture below is not the exact one we found (because ours came with a spreader too) but it is pretty close! The cup measures the perfect amount of batter, and the pour spout on the side ensures a mess free batter pouring process. At $2.98 we loved the price just as much!


Tool #2


I am pretty sure the reason why I am always so turned off by icing is because it is so darn frustrating to try and stuff all that frosting into the bag, and then have to wash it over and over to get all of it out. The answer to that? Saran wrap. See below for the best video tutorial on mess-free frosting. It is brilliant...and it works!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QxE-pnqmsE0]



Have any other mess saving tips or tricks?


I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello, won't you?